AMU - Electric

AMU Electric FAQs

Q. Should I report a power outage?

A. Please call Algona Municipal Utilities at 295-3584 when there is a power outage in your neighborhood. This number is answered 24 hours/day 7 days/week.


Q. How do I report a street light outage?

A. You may call AMU at 295-3584 or stop in our office at 104 West Call Street.


Q. Who is responsible for trimming trees in my yard?

A. f the tree is in the AMU service wires or primary wires, AMU will trim the tree at no cost to the owner.


Q. Who pays for the electrical repairs?

A. Anything past the utilities service connections is the homeowner's responsibility.